Гипермаркет знаний>>Английский язык>>Английский язык 4 класс>> How to ask questions in the Past Simple
22. Listen, read and learn a poem.
Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so!
What finger did it bite?
The little finger on the right!
23. Tell the boy's story.
Example: Last month he caught a whale alive. Then he...
24. Read the sentences. Then ask the questions.
I came to Russia last spring.-
Did you come to Russia last spring?
1 ) We played badminton yesterday.
2) The children drew a nice picture last night.
3) Jim read [red] an interesting fairy tale last Sunday.
4) Jill wrote a letter to Santa Claus last week.
5) They skied in the park yesterday.
6) Simon caught a big fish a month ago.
25. Create questions with the words:
Tiny wrote a new fairy tale yesterday.
Tiny met Santa Claus in the forest two days ago.
26. Read the text and put the verbs into the correct form.
Say what good news the Cat knew.
The Smart Little Bird
There was a little smart Bird in a tree. A big grey Cat ... (come) to the tree. He ... (see) the little Bird and ... (want) to eat her. "I'll have the bird for my breakfast," ... (think) the Cat.
"Good morning, Miss Bird," ... (say) the Cat.
"Good morning, Mr Cat," ... (say) the Bird.
"Good news!" ... (say) the Cat.
"What news?" ... (ask) the Bird.
The Cat ... (say), "Very good news, my little Bird! All animals are good friends now! We are friends: all cats, dogs and birds. Come to me! I want to speak to you."
But the little Bird ... (be) very smart.
"Of course, you are my friend. But I see many dogs and they are on their way to this tree."
"Oh, dogs! I must go home!" said the Cat.
"Oh, why, my dear friend? The dogs are our friends, too," said the Bird.
"I think, they don't know the news," said the Cat and ... (run) away.
27. Answer the questions:
1) Did the Cat come to the tree?
2) Did the Cat see a little mouse?
3) Did the Cat say "good news"?
4) Was the Bird smart?
5) Did the Bird see the dogs? 0
6) Did the Cat run away?
28. Make up the questions and answer them.
Example: the Cat, did, see, Who? - Who did the Cat see?
1) did, think, the Cat, What?
2) the Cat, did, What, say?
3) ask, the Bird, did, What?
4) Why, run away, did, the Cat?
29. Find in the text and read the sentences: in Past Simple, in Present Simple, in Future Simple.
30. Read and learn these words.
31. Read the story. Ask: "Did the Wolf eat the Sheep?"
The Wolf and the Sheep
A Wolf saw a Sheep by a small river and wanted to eat him. He shouted, "I can't drink this dirty water! It is very dirty! You have made (cделал) the water dirty. You put your dirty feet in to the water!"
"No, I didn't make it dirty," the Sheep answered. "I didn't put my feet into the water. I drink with my mouth and not with my feet. Look! My feet are not in the water."
"OK. Then it was last year. You put your feet into the water last year!" the Wolf shouted. "And you made the water dirty."
"But I am only four months old," the Sheep said. "How could I put my feet into the river a year ago?"
"If it was not you, then it was your brother or your father," the Wolf shouted and jumped on the poor (бедный) Sheep. But the Sheep ran away. And the Wolf fell into the water.
32. Answer the questions:
1) Did the Wolf want to drink water?
2) Was the Wolf angry?
3) Did the Sheep make the water dirty?
4) Did the Sheep shout at the Wolf?
5) Was the Sheep brave?
33. Correct the sentences.
Example: The Wolf saw the Monkey.- The Wolf didn't
see the Monkey.
The Wolf drank the dirty water.
The Sheep made the water dirty.
The Wolf met the Sheep before.
The Sheep came to the river a year ago.
34. Complete the questions. Answer them:
1) Who did the Wolf see?
2) ... did the Wolf meet the Sheep?
3) ... did they come to the river?
4) ... did the Wolf say to the Sheep?
5) ... did the Sheep answer?
6) ... old was the Sheep?
7) ... did the Wolf fall into the water?
35. Look at the pictures and tell a new happy ending to the story. Use these words:
36. Look at the pictures and answer the question: "What did Santa Claus do yesterday?"
Enjoy English. 4 класс. Биболетова М.З., Денисенко О.А., Трубанева Н.Н., Обнинск: Титул, 2007. - 144с.
онлайн библиотека с учебниками и книгами, планы конспектов уроков по английскому языку, задания по английскому языку 4 класса скачать
задачи и упражнения
практикумы, тренинги, кейсы, квесты
риторические вопросы от учеников
аудио-, видеоклипы и мультимедиа
графики, таблицы, схемы
юмор, анекдоты, приколы, комиксы
притчи, поговорки, кроссворды, цитаты
фишки для любознательных
учебники основные и дополнительные
Совершенствование учебников и уроков
исправление ошибок в учебнике
обновление фрагмента в учебнике
элементы новаторства на уроке
замена устаревших знаний новыми
Только для учителей
календарный план на год
Если у вас есть исправления или предложения к данному уроку, напишите нам.
Если вы хотите увидеть другие корректировки и пожелания к урокам, смотрите здесь - Образовательный форум.